1. Turning tool Turning tool is the most widely used to […]
1. Turning tool
Turning tool is the most widely used tool in metal cutting. It can process outer circles, end planes, threads, inner holes on lathes, and can also be used for grooving and cutting. Turning tools can be divided into integral turning tools, welding assembled turning tools and turning tools with mechanical clamping blades. The turning tools of mechanically clamped blades can be divided into machine tool turning tools and indexable turning tools. The cutting performance of mechanical clamping turning tools is stable, and workers do not have to sharpen the knife, so more and more applications are used in modern production.
2. Hole machining tool
Hole machining tools can generally be divided into two categories:
One type is a tool for processing holes from solid materials. Commonly used are twist drills, center drills and deep hole drills.
The other type is a tool for reprocessing the existing holes on the workpiece. Commonly used are reamers, reamers and boring tools.
3. Milling cutter
Milling cutter is a kind of multi-blade rotary cutter which is widely used in many kinds. According to usage:
1) For processing planes, such as cylindrical plane milling cutters, end milling cutters, etc .;
2) For processing grooves, such as end mills, T-shaped cutters and angle milling cutters;
3) For machining shaped surfaces, such as convex semicircular and concave semicircular milling cutters and milling cutters for processing other complex shaped surfaces. The productivity of milling is generally higher, and the roughness value of the processed surface is larger.
Broach is a kind of multi-tooth cutter with high machining accuracy and cutting efficiency. It is widely used in mass production and can process various inner and outer surfaces. Broaches can be divided into various types of internal broaches and external broaches according to the surface of the workpiece being processed. When using broaching, in addition to selecting the rake angle and rake angle of the tooth according to the workpiece material, and determining the broach size according to the size of the workpiece processing surface (such as the diameter of the round hole), two parameters need to be determined:
(1) Tooth rising angle af [that is, the difference between the radius or height of the two front and rear teeth (or tooth groups)];
(2) Pitch p [that is, the axial distance between two adjacent cutter teeth].
5. Thread cutter
Thread can be processed by cutting method and rolling method.
6. Gear cutter
Gear cutters are cutters used to process gear tooth profiles. According to the working principle of cutters, gears are divided into shaped gear cutters and developed gear cutters. Commonly used forming gear cutters include disc gear cutters and finger gear cutters. Commonly used sprocket cutters include gear shaping cutters, gear hobs and gear shaving cutters. When selecting gear hobs and gear shaping cutters, the following points should be noted:
(1) The basic parameters of the tool (modulus, tooth profile angle, tooth tip height coefficient, etc.) should be the same as the gear to be processed.
(2) The accuracy level of the tool should be equivalent to the required accuracy level of the gear being processed.
(3) The rotation direction of the tool should be as same as the rotation direction of the gear to be processed. When rolling straight gears, a left-handed tooth cutter is generally used.
7. Automatic line and CNC machine tool
In general, the cutting part of this type of tool is not much different from the general tool. It is just to adapt to the characteristics of CNC machine tools and automatic wire processing, and higher requirements are placed on them.
CNC tools have formed three major systems: turning tool system, drilling tool system and boring and milling tool system.